Should I get trip insurance? Is there good health care in Jamaica?

Modified on Mon, 19 Jun 2023 at 08:41 PM

We recommend both third-party travel health and trip cancellation insurance as well as the resort's change for any reason waiver.  Most third-party plans will offer coverage for trip-cancellation and medical costs. 

While the resort often has a nurse available onsite or can refer you to a local doctor for routine health issues, your medical insurance likely will not cover medical expenses in Jamaica. A serious matter involving medical evacuation or long-term injury could be extremely costly - sometimes over $30,000.

There are inexpensive options to make sure you are covered, often under $20-40 US. Many of these plans include a "sports rider" or similar coverage that will include coverage for sports injuries (like SCUBA diving, snorkeling, etc.). While these plans may or may not cover a BDSM related injury, we recommend that you purchase a travel insurance plan with sports rider coverage.

Plans are available through Tom's Trips or private companies like United Healthcare.

Kinky Caribbean is not responsible for your travel insurance, medical needs, or injuries while traveling.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article